The Massage Company
- | Health and Beauty
- | Management
- | Retail
- | Master Franchises
- | Multi-Unit Franchises
A revolution in health and wellness, combining the best elements of gym and care franchises in a new market segment.
We’ve created an emerging and lucrative market sector by bringing affordable, high-quality massage to the High Street. Our pioneering approach brings what’s been traditionally an out-of-town service directly to town centres, in convenient, warm and welcoming professional massage centres.
- Emerging market with no direct competitors
- Insatiable demand – every centre is fully subscribed
- Membership subscription model with recurring monthly income
- Strong margins with up to £220K p.a. profit from established centres
- Our accredited Training Academy provides franchisees with exceptional therapists
- Multiple sites already in development for 2023, with expansion to 100+ centres by 2030
This is a revolutionary, category-disrupting business model, developed and proven here in the UK – and there’s more demand than we can keep up with!
Operating from a large centre, we'll train your expert team to provide four types of massage to the highest standards. We’ve honed the model and learned the lessons, so we can help you build a thriving business on firm foundations that are already proven to work.
- Subscription income means predictable cash flow
- Average membership retention 18+ months
- Cutting-edge tech gives clear management information
- Emerging segment of booming wellness industry
- Accessible locations drive strong local demand
- Expand to multiple centres to increase your returns
Our powerful combination of massage quality and accessibility plus first-mover advantage generates significant returns for franchisees.
- Investment: £170K + bank funding, total initial investment c.£500K/centre
- Net profit: c.£220K+ p.a. from c.1,500 members, EBITDA of 20%-24%, once established
- Sale value: c.£1M projected for successful established centres, using typical multipliers
TMC Training Academy
Our vision is to have 100+ centres open throughout the country by 2030, providing an industry-leading place to work for approximately 3,000 professional massage therapists.
This requires the training of hundreds of new best-in-class therapists, which is why we developed The Massage Company Training Academy.
The course was created by industry pioneer John Holman, our Director of Massage Training, recognised worldwide as one of the most foremost massage experts with over 30 years of experience.
The course has been carefully curated, ensuring the delivery of world-class treatments, and it’s fully internationally accredited and recognised.
For franchisees, that means they can rely on a steady stream of fully qualified, professional massage therapists who meet The Massage Company’s industry-leading quality standards coming through to meet their business needs.
After more than 25 years each in the spa sector, building and selling multimillion-pound businesses and leading some of the industry’s biggest organisations, founders Charlie Thompson and Elliot Walker noticed something exciting.
Massage was delivered in dedicated spas and upmarket hotels, and that left a HUGE opportunity in the market – convenience.
They thought: what if massage was affordable and accessible to everyone?
The Massage Company’s first centre opened in Camberley in 2016 and was immediately successful. Demand quickly outstripped supply, and we knew that our wellness revolution had begun.
Our first franchised centres swiftly replicated our original success. Having created the emerging market sector for accessible and affordable massage in Surrey, we’ve now seen the same rapid growth in every location where a franchisee has opened their centre.
And you can see it – and profit from it – too.
Address7 Pembroke Broadway
Request free info
Sunny's experiences since starting up his own business bringing massage to the mainstream.
How Taran's added TMC to his existing business portfolio.
Get an insight into TMC's franchise in 90 seconds...