• John Attridge is the CEO of BBX UK, an international exchange site which helps business utilise their spare capacity by trading with one another instead of disrupting cash flow.
• Originally from Australia, John owned a successful car rental business for many years, but in 1989 an Australia-wide Pilots’ dispute crippled the tourism industry and sales started to decline. John’s car lot was emptying at a slower rate than usual and the problem had to be resolved.
• John was introduced to the trade of spare capacity: a way in which a community of like-minded business individuals could trade amongst each other using their spare resources, instead of through traditional forms of currency.
• From having such a rewarding experience trading spare capacity, which helped him in a time of recession, John was passionate to help other business utilise their own spare capacity. This resulted in him joining BBX in 1993 and setting up his own multi-million-pound community, The Queensland Trade Exchange, which he later sold in 2001.
• In 2014, John was appointed to launch BBX in the UK with a head office in Bournemouth. In just four years, he has built-up a multi-million turnover business and introduced BBX to over 6400 business customers.
Franchisee profiling- are you cut out to be one?
This session will help you assess your personality and risk profile to see if you have what it takes to be an incredible franchisee. We will explore the most common mistakes potential franchisees make and show you how to minimise your own risk, as well as showing you some of the ways you can maximise an opportunity.